Monday, April 28, 2008

jumpcut movie:Saipan Flat Stanley copy
Well, for what it is worth here is my short video of Saipan Flat Stanley. You can watch the video here- Saipan Flat Stanley . I used Jumpcut to create the video. It is incredibly easy to upload and edit images there. You can even edit in Movie Maker first and then upload if you feel more comforatable. I added some audio but I think that it did not attach to my video. I will have to fix that later. I could not get the video to load here on Blogger but it is probably an easy fix once I spend some more time looking into it!
I enjoyed participating in the Flat Stanley project. The students that I worked with enjoyed it too. There were only 4 students out of 37 who had actually been to the United States. They were thrilled to get to know my mom and say that they know somebody in Arkansas. I like that it is easy to integrate into all disciplines and can be modified to fit any need a teacher may have.
I really wanted the students to get their Saipan Flat Stanleys back by the end of the year so I sent them to my mother in Arkansas. It worked out perfectly because for my practicum I was teaching the students about the South Central States and our Flat Stanley project made the learning a little more relevant.
Over the summer I hope to find some penpals to set up Flat Stanley project in my student teaching. Having the Flat Stanleys adds a creative element that the students are able to write about. I am amazed at all of the Flat Stanley resources on the internet. A teacher could probably base a year long theme on Flat Stanley!
Hope you enjoy the video. At the end there are a few photos of me with some students during our culminating event- party! It was difficult for me to leave these students. For the party one class wrote a play about my teaching and the other class performed a song. It was a wonderful experience. I had a fantastic mentor teacher and learned strategies that I will take with me to my future classroom.

No comments:

This is fun! Come play!